Be it dreaming about that perfect engine purr, or nought to 60mph (or 100kmh) in the time it takes to switch gears, everyone has their dream car; the “if I won the lottery” car, the “when I’m rich and famous” car.
Vandel reviewed the number of monthly searches for 15 luxury car brands across 32 European countries to uncover the most popular of them all.
Luxury Cars Ranked By Number Of Searches Across Europe
- Tesla – 3,897,500 searches
- BMW – 3,021,400 searches
- Audi – 2,431,900 searches
- Porsche – 1,296,750 searches
- Lamborghini – 1,192,400 searches
- Volvo – 1,155,950 searches
- Ferrari – 1,089,050 searches
- Jaguar – 712,400 searches
- Lexus – 577,250 searches
- Land Rover – 523,250 searches
- Maserati – 509,550 searches
- Bugatti – 391,950 searches
- Cadillac – 244,300 searches
- Mercedes-Benz – 84,990 searches
- Rolls-Royce – 35,980 searches
The Three Most Popular Luxury Cars In Europe
Banking a phenomenal 3,897,500 European searches every month, as well as being the most popular car brand in 20 of the 32 countries reviewed, Tesla took the trophy for Europe’s most sought-after luxury car.
The only electric-first brand in the list, it seems sustainability is scoring as high as luxury these days, with environmentally-conscious countries like Norway, Sweden and Denmark all choosing Tesla as their go-to luxury brand. In fact, Tesla beat German-owned Audi and BMW for the number one spot in Germany, taking in nearly double the monthly searches as BMW.
Where Are Europe’s Biggest Tesla Fans?
- Germany – 974,000 searches
- United Kingdom – 547,000 searches
- France – 443,000 searches
- Italy – 381,000 searches
- Spain – 251,000 searches
In second place is BMW. As well as tallying up 3,021,400 continent-wide searches every month, it’s the favourite car in ten of the countries we reviewed. BMW takes first place in countries including Croatia, Finland, Portugal and the Netherlands.
Where Are Europe’s Biggest BMW Fans?
- Germany – 489,000 searches
- United Kingdom – 363,000 searches
- France – 296,000 searches
- Italy – 231,000 searches
- Netherlands – 217,000 searches
Going home with bronze is Audi. Just behind BMW, there are 2,431,900 searches a month for Audi across Europe. Audi also came first in two of the 32 countries reviewed – Greece (35,000 searches) and Russia (62,000 searches).
Where Are Europe’s Biggest Audi Fans?
- Germany – 445,000 searches
- France – 376,000 searches
- Italy – 284,000 searches
- United Kingdom – 254,000 searches
- Spain – 240,000 searches
Countries With The Highest Searches For Each Car
We also looked at the countries that had the most searches for each luxury car to find out where each manufacturer was most adored.
Where Are The Biggest Fans Of Each Car Brand?
- Tesla: Germany – 974,000 searches
- BMW: Germany – 489,000 searches
- Audi: Germany – 445,000 searches
- Porsche: Germany – 263,000 searches
- Lamborghini: Germany & Italy – 168,000 searches each
- Volvo: Poland – 135,000 searches
- Ferrari: Italy – 310,000 searches
- Jaguar: United Kingdom – 134,000 searches
- Lexus: Poland – 77,000 searches
- Land Rover: United Kingdom – 97,000 searches
- Maserati: Italy – 89,000 searches
- Bugatti: France – 67,000 searches
- Cadillac:United Kingdom – 48,000 searches
- Mercedes-Benz: Germany – 20,000 searches
- Rolls-Royce: United Kingdom – 11,000 searches
Germany Is The Most Luxury Car-Obsessed Country In Europe
So we know which cars are popular and where, but what about which country is the most car-crazed? Who’s spending their lunch breaks searching for the newest Ferrari concept photos, or lying awake at night Googling the next Bugatti release?
At 2,947,700 searches every month across these 15 luxury car brands, Germany isobsessedwith good cars. With luxury manufacturers in their repertoire such as BMW, Audi, Porsche and Mercedes-Benz (that’s over 25% of the cars we reviewed), is it any surprise?
We’ve summed up the ten countries racking up the most amount of monthly car searches, does your country feature?
Ten Most Luxury Car-Obsessed Countries
- Germany – 2,947,700 searches
- United Kingdom – 2,106,000 searches
- France – 2,180,400 searches
- Italy – 1,942,200 searches
- Spain – 1,278,100 searches
- Poland – 1,117,800 searches
- Netherlands – 688,050 searches
- Sweden – 512,600 searches
- Belgium – 534,800 searches
- Russia – 439,200 searches
You can write us at team@ evmarket.ro.