Here’s what you should do to keep your Yahoo Mail account safe on desktop or mobile if you’re accessing it from a computer that’s not yours.
Yahoo Mail (webmail – mail.yahoo.com), one of the oldest e-mail services, is a free e-mail platform launched in 1997 by the Yahoo company. The service is the second largest in the world after Gmail (Google Mail – mail.google.com).
Here’s how to do it in a web browser on your Mac or PC and in the mobile app on your iPhone or Android.
How to sign out of Yahoo Mail on a computer:
- On the Yahoo Mail web page in any browser, click your account profile picture at the top right of the page. You should see a menu appear that says Sign Out.
- Press Sign Out.
- On the Manage accounts page, click Sign Out for each account you want to sign out of (if you have more than one account). You can also log out of all accounts at once by selecting that option.
- Confirm that you want to sign out on the Manage accounts page.
How to sign out of Yahoo Mail using the mobile app:
- In the Yahoo Mail app for iOS or Android, tap your account profile picture at the top left of the screen.
- In the menu that opens, tap Manage accounts.
- Deactivate the account you want to log out of by swiping the button to the left. When you return to the app, you’ll see that you’ve signed out.
If you’re the only person with access to your computer or mobile device, you can choose not to sign out of your Yahoo Mail account.
- Email – what does Cc, Bcc, To mean. What is the difference between them
- Starter motor: How does it work and what is its role?
- Car won’t start in the cold – possible causes
- Europe’s first electric vehicles with interchangeable batteries are now available in Romania
- Gmail: How to unsend an email. How it works
Setting up a Yahoo Mail address can be done in two ways for smartphone (mobile) and tablet users with the Android operating system. Steps to set up a Yahoo Mail account: You can set up a Yahoo Mail account directly in the email app/service that comes with your mobile device.
Go to Settings, then in Accounts and backup, select Accounts. Here you see find + Add account. Select one of the email services in your phone or install a new one: Email, myMail, Outlook, etc.
Webmail (or web-based email) is an email service that can be accessed using a standard web browser. It contrasts with email service accessible through a specialized email client software. Examples of webmail providers are 1&1 Ionos, AOL Mail, Gmail, GMX Mail, Mailfence, Outlook.com/Hotmail.com, Yahoo! Mail and IceWarp Mail Server. Additionally, many internet service providers (ISP) provide webmail as part of their internet service package. Similarly, some web hosting providers also provide webmail as a part of their hosting package.
As with any web application, webmail’s main advantage over the use of a desktop email client is the ability to send and receive email anywhere from a web browser. Its main disadvantage is the need to be connected to the Internet while using it.