Canadian company Voltari has developed an electric speed boat, called the Voltari 260, which has a range of 146 km on a single charge and a 10-year battery warranty. Orders can be placed for a $100 down payment. The asking price is $450,000.
The Voltari 260 electric performance boat can travel 91 miles (ca. 146 kilometers) on a single charge. Canadians tested the electric boat on a trip from Florida to the Bahamas on a single charge.
The Voltari 260 currently holds the record for the longest voyage in an all-electric speedboat.
To have a range of 150 km, the electric boat sailed at a low speed of only 8 km/h (ca. 5 miles per hour mph) for 20 hours.
The Voltari 260 is a performance electric boat that can be used for both conventional and recreational purposes. The boat is made of 100% ultra-light carbon fiber.
VIDEO: Voltari 260
The company estimates the 142 kWh lithium-ion battery life to be 15–20 years. Several charging options are available and prices range from $4,000 to $16,000.
The charging time of a fully discharged battery on a 160 kW charger is 45 minutes, a 100 kW one is 8 hours, and a 50 kW one is 13.5 hours.
Voltari 260 Specifications
- Price: $450,000
- Length: 7.92 meters (ca. 26 feet)
- Weight: 3.2 tons (7000 lbs)
- Engine power: 740 HP
- Battery capacity: 142 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Top speed: 97 km/h (ca. 60 mph)
- Autonomy 146 km
- Europe’s first electric vehicles with interchangeable batteries are now available in Romania
- Rolls-Royce Spectre: specifications and prices
- Starter motor: How does it work, and what is its role?
- Magnite ground clearance, boot space, NCAP Rating
- How the zipper merge works in road traffic – VIDEO
The Voltari 260’s touchscreen user interface is integrated with Garmin Active Captain along with the custom control system, Garmin 17-inch touchscreens, and Garmin Depthfinder.