Smart Automobile launched its first electric crossover, Smart 1 (#1), built by a joint venture between Mercedes-Benz Group and Geely Holding. The first deliveries are planned for 2023 for the European market.
The model, manufactured in China, in Xi’an, Shaanxi province, will allow over-the-air updates. The Smart 1’s competitors include the Mercedes-Benz EQA, Hyundai Kona, and Volkswagen ID.3.
Autonomy Smart 1
The new Smart 1 is powered by a 272 horsepower rear-mounted electric motor that has 343 Nm of torque. The model accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.7 seconds and reaches a maximum speed of 180 km/h.
The model has a battery with a net capacity of 64 kW, which offers autonomy between 420 and 440 kilometres in the WLTP regime.
Photo gallery Smart 1
The electric crossover can be charged from 10 to 80% in about 3.5 hours when connected to a 22 kW AC charger. At a load capacity of 150 kW, the time will decrease to about 30 minutes.
Smart 1 Prices
The Smart 1 costs in Germany from 41,500 euros with VAT for the Pro+ equipment, 45,000 euros with VAT for the Premium equipment, and 49,000 euros with VAT for the Smart 1 Brabus.
Smart 1 Launch Edition costs 46,300 euros including VAT.
The Brabus performance version has red accents on the bumpers, intakes, door sills, and mirror caps, as well as a matte gray exterior finish and black emblems. The brake calipers were the power to develop to manage additional.
The Smart 1 Brabus has an additional 115 kW (156 hp) electric motor on the front axle for all-wheel drive. The total power is 315 kW (428 hp). The electric model accelerates to 100 km in 3.9 seconds. Autonomy is 400 km WLTP.
- Europe’s first electric vehicles with interchangeable batteries are now available in Romania
- Magnite ground clearance, boot space, NCAP Rating
- How the zipper merge works in road traffic – VIDEO
- The city that will ban taxi cars with combustion engines
- DR 1.0 EV, specifications and prices
- The Voltari 260 electric boat: specs and price
With a length of 4270 millimetres, width of 1820 millimetres, the height of 1640 millimetres, and a wheelbase of 2750 millimetres, the new Smart #1 has similar dimensions to the Mercedes-Benz EQA. The volume of the rear boot is 411 litres, and the front one has a capacity of 15 litres.
Inside, the model comes with a 12.8-inch screen infotainment system and a 9.2-inch full-HD digital instrument cluster. The driver will be at his disposal and will have a 10-inch heads-up display. Advanced safety technologies such as adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, and adaptive headlights are also available.
Smart 1: Specs
- Electric motor 272 HP / 343 NM
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h 6.7 s
- Maximum speed 180 km/h
- Battery 66 kWh (64 kWh net)
- Power consumption 18.3 kWh / 100 km
- Autonomy WLTP / Real 350 km / 100 km
- Type 2 charging port: 7.4 kW AC, Time 10 hours
- Fastcharge CCS: 150 kW DC
- Length 4270 mm
- Width 1822 mm
- Height 1636 mm
- Wheelbase 2750 mm
- Empty weight 1788 kg
- Trunk volume 320 L / 410 L